Once connected to your Mac computer via USB, the Turtle Beach Stream microphone offers up to 6 different mic pattern modes can be set with the press and or hold of a button to control directionality of the condenser microphone's pickup pattern. A colored LED ring around the mic's front-facing mute button indicates which pattern is selected. The microphone can be set to front, front and rear, or omnidirectional front, side and rear pickup depending on whether you're using it solo -- or with other people in the room.
Turtle Beach's Mac compatible USB Stream Mic also has a standard 1/8" 3.5mm stereo headphone jack for real-time audio passthrough monitoring which has it's own volume adjustment thumbwheel at the rear of the microphone. All of this is housed in an elegant, stylish and compact design that will look great with your Apple computer setup
Here's some key features in the mobile Blue Raspberry microphone review of note:
• High-quality mobile USB microphone for Skype, podcasting, live streaming, music and voice-over
• Blue mic's premium capsule circuitry for studio-quality, highly detailed sound
• An IAD Internal Acoustic Diffuser to focus vocalizations while minimizing ambient noise
• Onboard mic level, mute and headphone volume control for easy live monitoring
• 48kHz 24-bit resolution. Instant Plug-&-Play with Mac, iPhone, iPad or PC
The Go Mic Connect is Samson's newest portable USB stereo microphone. It's a highly advanced audio recording solution for Apple computer recording, as well as Mac Skype, VOIP, conferencing and Mac OSX speech recognition.
It's somewhat unusual design is much like a webcam, the Go Mic is a compact oblong device with 2 front facing condenser mic elements. Below is a folding clip to position it atop a MacBook's lid or an LCD desktop display for optimal center positioning. On the rear is a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack for realtime audio monitoring. Atop the mic is a mute button. There's a LED behind the front metal microphone grille to indicate mute status as well as turning RED as a peak level warning indicator.
By combining Active Noise Cancellation and Focused Pattern Technology, the Go Mic Connect generates a targeted pickup pattern which focuses the mic’s sound-field toward the preferred source. This helps to ensure that cleaner, high-qaulity audio is delivered to your Mac's computer applications.
• Pattern: Omnidirectional Polar
• Mic Capsule: Dual 10mm Condenser Capsules
• Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
• Sample Rate: 44.1kHz - 48kHz
• Bit Rate: 16 Bits
• USB Power Requirements: 50Milliamps at 5V
• Color:s Available: Black or Silver
• USB Cable and Protective Pouch Included
• Windows and MacOS compatible: No driver required
• Digital Noise Reduction: Software Filter Algorithm
At the core of the Mac compatible Go Mic Connect is a advanced, unique version of the Samson Sound Deck software. The software’s Focused Pattern Technology allows the focus array to be positioned, as well as toggled on and off. Once set, all sound that originates outside the focus area is significantly reduced, making the Go Mic Connect ideal for business communications and mobile recording. Sound Deck’s Active Noise Cancellation improves intelligibility of the audio heard through VoIP communication, while the Echo Erase feature reduces echo or feedback caused by monitoring audio with speakers during recording.
Go Mic Connect features a custom, compact design that clips to the top of your laptop or computer monitor, as well as internally shock-mounted dual microphone capsules and a headphone output for zero-latency monitoring. Go Mic Connect combines studio-quality sound and “next-level” technology for exceptional audio via Skype, FaceTime, Google Hangouts and more.
• Portable USB stereo microphone
• Compact design clips atop your laptop or computer monitor
• Zero-latency headphone monitor output
• On-board mute switch
• Focus Pattern Technology aligns the microphone’s peak sensitivity with a desired sound source
• Active Noise Cancellation eliminates background noise for clearer communications
• Echo Erase (Windows only) minimizes feedback caused by computer speakers
• Compatible with VoIP, DAW, Chat and Speech Recognition software
• Ideal for FaceTime, YouTube, Hangouts, Skype and other conferencing platforms
Download and install the Mac OSX version of Samson Sound Deck software app from www.samsontech.com